In this tutorial, learn how to:
1. Start mixing the lead vocal
Follow along as we mix a lead vocal with Neutron 2 and show you how to control sibilant harshness with the Dynamic EQ.
2. Add warmth and presence to the drums
We show you step-by-step how to add add warmth and character to the drum sub-mix with Ozone 8's Vintage EQ and Vintage Compressor.
3. Make the bass and kick drum play nicely together
Use Neutron 2’s sidechain feature to dynamically control when the bass note dips in order to clear room for the kick drum to poke through.
4. Get more definition in the pads and piano
Zero-in on frequency collisions between the pads and piano with Neutron 2’s Masking Meter, and quickly make room for each instrument using the Inverse Link function.
5. Ensure the song sounds great in many listening environments
Watch how we use Tonal Balance Control to craft a smooth, focused mix that will sound great whether it's being played in the car or the club.