6. In your experience, what are the secrets to successful musical collaboration (whether with a producer, another musician, or someone else)?
I think you just both have to be on the same vibe and also be open to each others opinions and work. It’s hard sometimes if you are used to only working by yourself or a specific person or team, but that’s what is cool about collaborations—feeding off of each other's creativity and making something you couldn’t have by yourself.
7. How do you combat writer’s block or times when you feel creatively drained?
I honestly take it as a sign and try not to force it. I go through waves. If I am not feeling it and trying to force it, nothing good usually comes from that, so I’ll take some time to do self care—relax, meditate, read books, etc., and then try to come back to it.
8. If you could collaborate with any artist, who would it be, and why?
That is such a hard question I don’t know if I could pick just one?! If I had to pick one I would have to say Grimes. She has always just been a huge inspiration musically and artistically and it would be so cool to see what we could come up with.
9. Who are a few Toronto-based artists that everyone should listen to right now?
10. What are your goals for 2019?
My goals for 2019 are to release my next EP and go on another tour.